Undercover Adventures?

Tales from days past, from days of Paragon City go here. This is a reminder of where we've been.

Undercover Adventures?

Postby Static Bolter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 am

Originally posted by Ron Clemens: September 4th, 2009

Ron fumbles with his keys before finally unlocking the door and stepping into his “office”. He shuffles his laptop bag to the side putting his keys away as he looks around at the small cramped space he rented. He scoots around a filing cabinet trying to get behind his way too small desk.
“You know” He says softly with a sigh. “We’re going to have to get ourselves a real office one day Zeke”

He laughs a little to himself as Zeke relays his opinions on the office as sets up the laptop. Ron lets out another sigh a little sadder this time as he sees his screensaver, a picture of Lucy, Ani, Yuki, Kit and himself over a downed Nemesis robot. “I wonder if Ani and Kit are okay, Zeke. Yeah I know they can take care of themselves; it still doesn’t stop me from worrying about them.” He clicks some buttons establishing the secure satellite link to M.I.R.A. HQ and starts looking through his emails as he waits on morning briefing to start. Ron sits up straighter as Director Kirby comes on the screen to give him his orders for the day.

“Special Agent Clemens, Your mission will be to go undercover in the gang the “Row Ratz” to catch the suspected Wentworth’s employee in the act of selling them the dangerous artifacts, and also to determine their leader so that they can be brought in hopefully crippling the gang for the time being.” Directory Kirby tone softens a bit “Clemens, I know you and your friends are going through a lot, but you can help keep the streets clean for them to return to when this mess blows over. Information on the Row Ratz is being beamed to your computer. Good luck and stay safe”

Ron habitually snaps a salute before realizing it “Yes Sir”. He quickly drops his hand as he realizes it. The video conference on the screen drops to black as Ron pulls up the file on the “Ratz”. “Zeke, looks like you to get to come up with a decent gang outfit” The kheldian almost seems to rejoice at that statement.
Static Bolter

Re: Undercover Adventures?

Postby Static Bolter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 am

Originally posted by Ron Clemens: September 5th, 2009

Zeke thinks to the gang members he’s seen on television shows and the pictures of the Ratz on the screen. A soft glow of energy glows as Ron’s body slowly shifts shapes. Ron’s facial features slowly become more rugged with a scraggly beard and a scar over one eye. His arms become covered with a mish mash of arcane tattoos, and his clothes become ragged and tattered. Zeke thinks for a moment thinking happy with the look. “What do you think Ronnie Boy?” Ron turns on the webcam and looks at the changes “ Perfect Zeke let’s head out and look for the gang.”

Finding the Ratz was easier than he imagined. Two minutes off the train he runs into a group of them fighting with some Skulls over some territory. “This looks like a good opportunity to get into their good graces.” Ron crouches low and springs up kicking the lead Skull in the head dropping him. He barely lands before he lifts his leg high into the air bringing his heel down on the shoulder of the nearest Skull. The Ratz blink taking a step back preparing to run as Ron kicks the last Skull in the jaw knocking him out cold. He grins at the two Ratz “Looks like you boys needed a hand. You wouldn’t know where I could get a bite to eat would you?”

Ron runs over his plan in his head as he walks along with the two Ratz, Ralph and Striker. “Get in find the seller and the leader then get out. Hopefully there will be no unexpected pop ups” He ducks as he steps into what looks like a large mound of used clockwork parts. “This is why they are so hard to find. Sheesh it looks like a damn junk pile”

“Okay James, we just gotta let you meet Rat Pack before you can get something to eat,” Ralph says to Ron. The three of them walk to the back of the hideout and stop before three men wearing identical rat masks. Ralph and Striker, “Hey Rat Pack; I got this guy that saved our asses earlier. He’s looking for something to eat. We was thinking he could join up.”

“These three seem to be the leaders. Shouldn’t be too hard to bring them in” Ron nodded a little as Ralph and Striker spoke. Rat Pack looked at him for a moment then the three of them spoke in almost perfect unison in a nearly identical digitized voice. “You know the rules. Grab……..ten men and take him out back to be jumped in” The Rat Pack then heads back into the mass of gang members gathering around.

A short while later Ron sits on the side of the junk pile breathing heavily with ten bloody and unconscious Ratz laying in the back of the hideout. Striker comes over and offers Ron a hand pulling him up “Rat Pack says you’re in”
Static Bolter

Postby Static Bolter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:30 am

Originally posted by Ron Clemens: September 11th, 2009

Ron walks around looking at some of the Ratz as they practice using what appeared to be talismans of some sort. He can’t help but wince as several of them are thrown back into the side of the trash dome. “I really need to get on this buy soon before they hurt other people not to mention the damage they are doing to themselves.” He thinks to himself as two of the wounded are rushed out to be taken to the hospital. Stepping up to the firing line he takes the talisman he is handed and makes a mental note of it trying to memorize all of the intricate markings. Looking down the line to see what the blasts are supposed to look like, he concentrates and fires a blast of energy tinted dark green at the target taking out the center. Nodding in approval to side are two slightly larger than before gang members wearing Rat Pack masks.

After several more days of training with this talisman and several others using his and Zeke’s combined power to appear to be mastering them Ron gets chosen by Rat Pack, who this time consisted of only one large members with the same digitized voice coming through their masks, to go Wentworth’s and pick up their latest supply of “magical goodies”.

Ron walks into Wentworth’s and looks around at the different clerks before he spies his contact, Leah, in the corner checking her phone. He walks up to her “I’m James. I’m here to take care of your rat problem”

Leah rolls her eyes “About time you got here. The traps got some big ones this week.” She leads Ron to the store room where she hands him several big rat traps with large rats in them. Ron blinks looking at them “What the hell is this?!” Leah rolls her eyes “They only look like that. Reach in and pull it out it’s the talismans. Now where is my money” Ron reaches into a pocket and pulls out a wad of cash tossing it to Leah.

As soon as Leah catches the cash M.I.R.A. agents storm the store. “Time to go into action” Ron tosses the cages into the face of the agents attempting to subdue him and drops sweeping their legs out from under him before he runs from the store.
Static Bolter

Postby Static Bolter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:31 am

Originally posted by Ron Clemens: September 12th, 2009

Ron runs in finding everyone standing behind one slender person wearing a Rat Pack mask. “You are leading them back here aren’t you? Did you think I was that stupid, James?” Ron charges forward preparing to leap at Rat Pack when they pull off the mask revealing a young girl with long green hair barely older than Yuki. Ron skids to a stop not noticing the two guns she draws shooting him the stomach. His vision goes blurry as he falls.

“One benefit of being this young, no one ever expects me to be in charge. Boys get ready to destroy whoever he was working for. It’s too bad we lost Leah, but we got all we needed from her. Now die quietly James or whoever you are.” She turns away only halting when the blinding glow as Ron rises into the air going dwarf.

“Drop your weapons you are all under arrest” Ron shrugs off the ineffective blasts from the talismans then explodes in a violently bright light temporarily blinding everyone. He shifts back grabbing the handcuffs from his pockets cuffing Rat Pack’s hands behind her back as the other M.I.R.A. agents storm the compound quickly subduing the rest of the Ratz.

“Mission Accomplished” Ron says to himself as he walks passed the other agents “I’m going home”
Static Bolter

Return to Past Tales