Reciprocator Wiki

Contribute to the world of the Reciprocators here.

Re: Reciprocator Wiki

Postby Black Starbeam » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:48 am

Black Seven wrote:Crisis-style as in Ultimate Paragon, where we end up determining the main characters, villain groups, etc as we introduce them in stories which otherwise just starts with a shared city and little in the way of clearly defined NPC characters?

The more I think about the stories defining the world, the more I love it as an idea. Go, create, be free.
Black Starbeam

Postby TNB » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:20 am

Black Seven wrote:Crisis-style as in Ultimate Paragon, where we end up determining the main characters, villain groups, etc as we introduce them in stories which otherwise just starts with a shared city and little in the way of clearly defined NPC characters?

Yeah man, fuck being upstaged by Goddamn Manticore.
TNB

Postby EikoMagami » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:13 pm

I dunno.

I like the idea of more of a BSG type re-imagining. Similar things happened. Some of the names and places and events are the same and others are different. Sometimes characters that were black and male turn into asian and female characters. Sometimes angst ridden teenage demigods turn into angst ridden teenage technopaths who wear robot armor while pretending to be male and adult.

I'm sort of in a sticky place with how to proceed anyway. Of my canon, only A'ko was a member of the Reciprocators and there being no Praetoria deletes a big part of her character. And I'm not keen on playing A'ko anymore anyway.

So do I develop a NEW character with backstory that coincides with A'ko's limited experience with the Reciprocators? Or do I develop a new character that joins the Reciprocators at some later date once we get everything started?
EikoMagami

Postby Alexis Apollo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 pm

I think the answer is, "Do whatever you need to do to make a character you'll enjoy playing." It's a new universe; you can start fresh with a new character, make tweaks to an existing character, or carry over your CoHverse character as best you can.

For example, I plan to reboot my character, Alexis Apollo. She is going to be largely the same, yet her backstory and some traits will be completely new.
Alexis Apollo

Postby Black Seven » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 pm

I plan to start Seven off pre-Reciprocator's, with revised background details despite being fairly similar personality-wise. She had relationships with the CoX 'Cips and 'Fits, but a number of them probably won't be making the transition to here, so I'll be rebooting with the intent of connecting her to this version of the group instead.
Black Seven

Postby Static Bolter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 am

There seems to be a general consensus at this point to have some kind of "Crisis on Infinite Paragons"/New Lore as a launching point, and assertions on how characters are likely to be altered in some manner to fit the new setting. I assume we'll be putting up character pages for both old and new versions of our Cips as part of the Recipropedia, but perhaps there would be benefit in having a sort of "Elevator Pitch"/"Baseball Card" snapshot of each new character for the forum as a quick reference while we get to know everyone's new plans? Might make writing other people's characters into our own stories a bit easier before the Wiki really gets going as it would give people a good idea of major changes to familiar faces.
Static Bolter

Postby EikoMagami » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am

A "Crisis" sounds pretty good. I wrote/RP'd a Crisis of Infinite Ambers once and that was fun(ish).

I'm not sure if I really want to write up what happened to my characters or not. If I recall right, the Original Anbaric Amber and the Women of Justice got stranded in 1908 and lived out the rest of their lives. An alternative version of Anbaric Amber from 1996 and Praetorian A'ko journeyed to Praetoria to fight and defeat the Devouring Earth and restore Praetorian, A'ko finally deciding to become the god she was meant to be.

So whatever happens in the Crisis of Infinite Paragons, none of my canon with the exception of Emo Cowboy and Birdwatcher could be a part of it. I wouldn't mind playing Birdwatcher since I never had a chance to develop her. I've been cribbing from her character in Champions as that world's version of Anbaric Amber.

Of course, being an interdimensional, time-traveling whathoosit of unknown origin, yet another Anbaric Amber could take part in our new lore. I'd have to think about this a bit though.

Would any of our characters be aware of the previous universe? Would that be allowed?
EikoMagami

Postby Alexis Apollo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:25 pm

EikoMagami wrote:Would any of our characters be aware of the previous universe? Would that be allowed?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

But seriously, I say that you are allowed to include whatever you want in your character's history, so long as it doesn't reference specific NCSoft intellectual property. One of the benefits of our own built-from-scratch community was to free ourselves from having to rely on a universe someone else created.

Unfortunately, the transition for characters that rely heavily on CoH lore will be a little tougher. Fortunately, multi-dimensionality and time travel are both very effective hand-waving tools!
Alexis Apollo

Postby Black Starbeam » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah, feel free to have them remember where they came from. I'd imagine that from time to time, there'll be powerful beings who remember how things were before things changed. Pre-Crisis.
Black Starbeam

Postby Alexis Apollo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Well look who just published the very first Recipropedia page! Woohoo! *fistpump*

...granted, most of you folks have existing pages on Virtueverse, but that's not the point!
Alexis Apollo

PreviousNext

Return to Lore Development