Reciprocator Wiki

Contribute to the world of the Reciprocators here.

Re: Reciprocator Wiki

Postby Black Seven » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 am

What extent do you want to go to remove the NCSoft footprint? Characters are easily done. Villain groups, while central to a number of our characters (Beam has the Skulls, Seven has history with Malta, Bolty has a relationship with Ghost Bastion) can be more or less hand waved away into a new name since their basic concepts are universal. The names of places in the City would be a bit more time consuming, but doable.

Overall it would really take just a little touch up work to make the 'Cips its own entity within its own superhero filled world.

In terms of previous characters, I would take the opposite side to the suggestion that we only keep those who express a desire to remain within the lore. It may be bad form to write someone else's character, but I don't see any issue with us keeping what has been written for Cip characters. If we feel the need to involve them in some new way over what they had originally wrote then contacting them would be necessary. Using Owl as an example, she did state that she was pretty much going to withdraw from future activity when we left the old board. If she indicated to you, or Bolter, that she does not want Rose to remain part of official lore then we'd slice it right out. Until then I figure its safe to consider it fair game. Naturally if someone quit the group and deleted all of their stuff then that would, by that very act, be considered out of bounds.
Black Seven

Postby Black Starbeam » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 am

The vast majority of significant people I can get ahold of in some way. I might as well just check with them and assume everyone else is non-canon except for exceptional circumstances. Like Stryfe.
Black Starbeam

Postby Alexis Apollo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Stryfe! Arrrrgh! Why'd he have to leave?? And Fluxie too! Where'd she go anyway?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hmmm. I see what you're saying, Seven, and I agree. Events and characters from players that are no longer around happened, and we shouldn't redact their existence completely unless specifically asked to. Their contributions are still part of our shared history. I'd hate to never again mention Stryfe or Flux simply because they're not here. But perhaps we stop short of reposting entire stories without permission.
Alexis Apollo

Postby Black Seven » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm

That's more in line with what I'm thinking, accepting the entirety of characters' histories as is. Only Cryptic materials should be open to unsolicited alteration. I don't believe we have anyone that did anything to the sandbox that we would not be able to roll with.

I figure a good first step to updating the Recip-history would be... well, waiting for Beam to ask around first so there isn't any wasted effort, then combing through the stories that have been posted, and the backlogs of events which occurred, to get things up to date. I figure gathering it all together would be a key first move before we work on any sort of alteration to the world, or decisions on what happens next.
Black Seven

Postby Black Starbeam » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 am

How about we move the stories from the old site to the archive so they're accessible and we start a new history from here, of which those characters aren't a part. Whether they were lost in the mixup of worlds or what.
Black Starbeam

Postby Visavis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Moving the stories sounds like a good idea. If moving those stories looks to be a bit of a project, feel free to ask for a hand.
Visavis

Postby Alexis Apollo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Visavis wrote:If moving those stories looks to be a bit of a project, feel free to ask for a hand.

Ditto.
Alexis Apollo

Postby Black Starbeam » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:41 pm

At the moment I'm mega-snowed under with schoolwork, so if you guys could get started moving things, that would be awesome. I'd want to start with Perspectives.
Black Starbeam

Postby TNB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Crazy epic storyline ending in a continuity reboot in an all-new ReciprocatorVerse following one final storyline set in Paragon that reboots reality, Crisis-style. B)
TNB

Postby Black Seven » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 am

Crisis-style as in Ultimate Paragon, where we end up determining the main characters, villain groups, etc as we introduce them in stories which otherwise just starts with a shared city and little in the way of clearly defined NPC characters?
Black Seven

PreviousNext

Return to Lore Development