Communal NPCs

Contribute to the world of the Reciprocators here.

Re: Communal NPCs

Postby Black Seven » Sat May 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Of that latest batch the only one that I like the sound of is Stars and Stripes. It gives a patriotic feel to the group that is both timeless and all-encompassing. And I am one of those folks that would prefer Anthem/American Anthem to be the name of the team leader rather than the group as a whole. It just has a really excellent sound to it, and would lend itself well to her being a rallying point for the team.

American Ideal sounds a bit clunky to me, while the Union and American Revolution have a dated feel to them. That may be a positive if its a team that has seen many different incarnations over the years, but I could almost see that the name of the team would change to fit the mindset and attitude of the current generations if it were a long-running tradition. That and Stars and Stripes could be both a traditional team and modern enough to still fit. Which I don't believe it would be, I figure that only Anthem would be the legacy component.

For some reason I'm picturing the American Revolution being something that was formed during either the actual revolution, or the battle of 1812. Union would fit well for a Civil War era team that was focused on keeping the country intact. American Ideal would be a good one for the World Wars, or maybe more fittingly events during the Cold War. Whereas Stars and Stripes would probably fit well in any situation as it wouldn't have any further connotations to the name than that it represented 'Murica.

All that is completely irrelevant though if there's only been one team and if it had only been in existence for the last few generations.
Black Seven

Postby AlwaysAPrice » Sat May 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Paragon's the only thing I've really liked so far for the leader's name. It also gives them room to be more of a globally respected icon than a purely American trademark.

Not a huge fan of Stars and Stripes for the team but I can see it working, plus it makes figuring out costumes for them really easy. I do think "The Union" might not be too dated if their brand is meant to adapt to the times, as a reminder in very divisive times to work together as a nation. It's a bit more apolitical than references to American iconography, which are usually hijacked by Republicans for cheap pops, and fits well with the idea of them also representing America's diversity.
AlwaysAPrice

Postby Static Bolter » Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm quite content with Anthem as the group name and Paragon as the name of the leader, however Stars and Stripes also sounds cool, so if the general consensus is that American Anthem makes a better name for the leader I'll happily go with that.

...So long as we have the Speedster named Rushmore.
Static Bolter

Postby AlwaysAPrice » Sat May 18, 2013 9:12 pm

AlwaysAPrice wrote:
  • Its members were chosen to reflect the growing diversity among America's citizens - DIBS ON GAY SPEEDSTER! DIBS! DIIIIIBS!

I wanted to call him Slipstream. But I can't really argue with "Rushmore" for a patriotic speeder. :(
AlwaysAPrice

Postby Black Seven » Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Slipstream could be the name of a flying member of the team, maybe?
Black Seven

Postby Stormeh » Sun May 19, 2013 1:04 am

Other name options
Team America! (haha)
Guardian Force of America (GFA)
American Sentinels
Guardian League
(USA) United Sentinels of America
American Pride
Guts and Glory?
Stormeh

Postby EikoMagami » Sun May 19, 2013 11:31 am

I like The Sentinels of Liberty

or just "The Sentinels" for short.
EikoMagami

Postby Dr. Qiang » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Emperor Nemesis

Emperor Nemesis, the self-proclaimed "Emperor of America," is Anthem's greatest archenemy.

He's also a complete sham.

The world's only registered supervillain (although this isn't public knowledge). Emperor Nemesis exists to lose fights to Anthem and does so of his own volition: his famous attacks are perpetrated with holograms and special effects, his targets condemned buildings already slated for destruction, and his methods as flamboyant as his stated goals. Emperor Nemesis' Doom Zeppelin (actually only a blimp) is nearly as famous as the man himself, and he has an "unusual" propensity for showing up during slow news months when Anthem is starting to slip from the public eye.

Emperor Nemesis's only "crime" is the perpetration of a vast publicity scheme, as "I Survived Emperor Nemesis's Attack On [Insert City Here]" T-Shirts sell like hotcakes after his attacks, and his "unlicensed, unofficial" action figure (produced, coincidentally, by the same company that sells the American Anthem Official Toyline) sells nearly as well as Anthem herself.

Emperor Nemesis has both the knowledge and the resources to become an actual threat to national security, but to date he has kept both the spirit and the letter of his contract.

As far as anyone knows.
Dr. Qiang

Previous

Return to Lore Development