Reciprofuckheads

Contribute to the world of the Reciprocators here.

Reciprofuckheads

Postby Black Starbeam » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:55 am

So, someone decided that we didn't need a wiki and that they could just go ahead and run an SQL injection attack on it, dropping all the fucking tables in the fucking database. I actually know some code that can help protect against that shit, I just didn't expect to need it for a fucking mediawiki site.

Serves me right to some degree, but there it is.

/endrage

Now. Our options. I create another one and make sure it has more regular, and longer lasting backups, I wait until I have a server here and can watch it myself, or just let the wiki go.

Did people have backups of articles?
Black Starbeam

Re: Reciprofuckheads

Postby Colonel Stryfe » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 am

Sorry Beamer, no backups here :(
Colonel Stryfe

Postby AlwaysAPrice » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:39 am

Dug through Chrome's caches on my desktop and laptop but came up bone dry for any Recipropedia pages, unfortunately. My personal backups of wiki-pages-in-progress turned out to be disappointingly sparse as well: Paragon/Androgyne I apparently accidentally saved over with Jane's page at some point when it was partial. The only full page I have saved is Jane's. Michelle Thompson's is only an early partial blurb so it appears I wrote that article mostly in the wiki window, and that seems to also be the case for the slightly-longer-than-blurbs I threw together for The Man In the Dark and the Diary of a Dead Girl comic as I've got nothing at all for them.

The most painful loss, of course, is The Segre-Gator.
AlwaysAPrice

Postby Black Starbeam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:28 am

I think we'll all miss the Segre-Gator.
Black Starbeam

Return to Lore Development