ReciprocApril Workfest

Something new that the site should do? Something you've just had that's a great idea for us moving forward in terms of functionality? Suggest it here and I'll see what I can do.

ReciprocApril Workfest

Postby Black Starbeam » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm

To celebrate ReciprocApril, I'm going to be spending an hour a day working on the site, whether it be on the forums, the wiki, or the base site itself. I'll be posting the work I've done here, to keep myself honest. I intend to be snowed under again with assessment tasks for my senior classes in a few weeks, but I'll keep a log of the ones I haven't done and make sure they're done by the end of April.
Black Starbeam

Re: ReciprocApril Workfest

Postby Black Starbeam » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:02 pm

April 1 - 11:01 - 1:20. Already did some group stuff, but I'm not counting that since it should have been done already. Starting properly now. Looked at themes. Didn't find a base that I'm impressed with, so starting to edit the live theme. My apologies if anything goes missing or gets broken. Looked again at bases, found this one. I prefer it, but the damned css editor in the control panel doesn't actually seem to make any changes at all. That or the actual settings are so archaically hidden level after level that it's completely pointless. Probably a full hour of actual work at this point. Might try Discourse tomorrow, since it was tenuously released just after I decided that phpbb was clearly the way to go.
Black Starbeam

Postby Black Seven » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:42 pm

I like this layout much more, it feels cleaner to me.
Black Seven

Postby WaveBreak » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:18 pm

it looks good!
Stinging crime once at a time
WaveBreak

Postby Black Starbeam » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 am

April 2 - 9:18pm - 10:38pm - Decided to keep working on the look of the page. Might spend some time looking at possibilities for application forms. It's been about an hour now. Looked at some mods, removed a link that I didn't want wasting space anymore (After taking nearly half an hour to find it in the damn code) - Started looking into profile mods, only to realise that I don't need to use mods for the functionality I want. Started working on a profile form.
Black Starbeam

Postby Black Starbeam » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 am

April 3 - I'm now officially 1 hour behind.
Black Starbeam

Postby Black Starbeam » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:03 am

April 6 - Started out 3 hours behind. Put in two hours getting a mini-chat installed. For some reason it's not picking up colour information correctly for the background, which I'll have to figure out in the morning, lest I flip the damn table.
Black Starbeam

Postby Black Starbeam » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:14 am

April 7 - Chat function now works, colours work properly and it's open for use by all. Managed to knock that over in an hour for today and a half hour from my backlog, leaving only an hour and a half in said backlog. Will I be able to clear more today? Time will tell. Probably not though.
Black Starbeam

Postby Black Starbeam » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 am

April 18 - And with a world record setting 12.5 hours in my backlog, I've just today managed to get file thumbnails working properly for the ReciproWiki - If you wanted to use larger files but couldn't because thumbnails were being bitchy, you now officially can upload the bigger file over the top.

And in only 2 hours too.
Black Starbeam

Return to Site Functions